The Difference Between Ablative and Non-Ablative Resurfacing
- Non-ablative resurfacing is less invasive with a much shorter recovery time than ablative resurfacing.
How it Works:
- The ResurFX non-ablative resurfacing laser sends controlled microbeams that penetrate your skin. Each microbeam creates a narrow column of tissue coagulation, while leaving surrounding tissue intact. This stimulates collagen remodeling and elastin below the skin surface revealing smoother, tighter, and healthier skin.
- This treatment works great for fine lines, acne scars, sun damage, and an improvement of skin texture and tone.
What to Expect During Your Treatment:
- Most patients describe the ResurFX laser as tiny pin pricks with increased heat sensation. Your provider will prescribe medication to help make you feel more comfortable during the treatment.
- Treatment time varies from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on size of treatment area.
What to Expect After Your Treatment:
- After the treatment you may experience redness and swelling for approximately 1-4 days.
- You can return to work the next day. Most patients prefer to have this treatment on a Thursday or Friday to allow them the weekend to recover.
Ideal Number of Treatments:
- Most patients see results after one treatment; however, maximum benefit usually varies from 3-5 treatments. We recommend having treatments every 4-6 weeks until desired results are achieved. Some patients may want maintenance treatments one to two times per year.